Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweet, sweet manna.

Went to TX Roadhouse grill today with my sis and my roommate Brookie. It is an excellent establishment--- I definitely give it an 'exceeds expectations.' The Roadhouse can seem a little daunting and/or greasy (?) based on outward appearances. But you won't be disappointed if you get beyond the surface. It is tacky yet unrefined in a way suitable for families. Instead of having some lame free appetizer like popcorn or chips, they give you the warmest, sweetest, most moist rolls with homemade cinnabutter. They are free of charge and they keep 'em coming all night! No joke, these rolls are the food of the Gods. Manna sent down from the Heavens... to a white T restaurant chain. Each of us consumed four rolls at an alarming rate. Yeah, we asked for to-go boxes five minutes after they brought our dinner out. It was worth it.

I also managed to spend $86 when I had only planned on spending nothing at all. And on what else but some sweet summa threads. This shopping trip I found twelve jazzy pieces and loved pretty much everything I tried on (love and hate when that happens). I had to hem and haw over everything and still managed to purchase eight out of the twelve items that I picked up. I can't wait to start wearing them just as soon as it heats up. (Idiot UT weather--- its almost MAY for crapssake, I need the sun!)

2 comments:

  1. for someone so against the idea of blogging, you've taken to it with a vengeance.

    which i love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like N. Brown said, blogs are the fb for smart people. It's really quite therapeutic.

    I love you with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete