Friday, May 15, 2009

She's huge but she's hilarious.

That's what one of my bosses said to me about my only co-worker.

It's really true though. That's the best part.

Boss-lady is frank about most situations and has no problem speaking her mind. She also loves action films and a good gossip sesh. She is determined that I will meet my husband through work. After all, that's how it happened for her daughter.

My other boss gave me a warning that said huge but hilarious co-worker (who shall hereafter be called HBH) is "excitable, so be prepared for that." Yesterday, she actually told HBH that she was "getting all red in the face" and that she needed to "drink some water and go to the bathroom." Mrs. Boss has a smoker's rasp and calls me "honey." She can't handle new technology (and yet her favorite new flick is Star Trek). She about fired me because I couldn't remember if I had actually ever used a typewriter before. We have to use handwritten, carbon-copy receipts for all transactions in the office.

But I'm not complaining... C. Cove's filing system is why I have a job. So bring on the ledgers! I can make a hand-written account like nobody's business.

There will be more to come on HBH. Don't you fret.

1 comment: