Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dedicated to Sophie.

Alright, Soph, this one's for you.

Today at work, Dallas came in to talk to me instead of sitting in the basement with our older maintenance gentlemen, Gary and Charlie.

One subject leads to another, and Dallas confesses that he got really mad at me once. I tried to rack my brain really fast to see if I could remember something that might have burst his bubble, but couldn't come up with anything. So, I straight up asked him what it was. He said he was "pissed" because I teased him about "going down to sit with the guys and doing a whole lot of nothing."

(Psh, well its true.) In immediate response to that I said, "Dallas. Don't be so sensitive."

Whoops.

Later on Charlie came upstairs to chat with me.

Now let me tell you something about Charlie: not only does he like to chat, he likes to chat in hick, which results in this kind of uncomprehensible mumble. I do a mean Charlie impersonation, ask sometime... I'll demonstrate. When he first started working at the Cove, I had to stare really hard at his mouth (which is covered by an impressive stache) to pick up any of what he was saying and just nod along in affirmation. I am proud to say that I am now fluent in Charlie.

Background info on Charlie:
  • Full name: Charles Brown a.k.a. Charlie Brown.
  • Has a rad looking tat on his forearm of a skull and some kind of serpent.
  • Served for a lot of years in the army.
  • He wears purely flannel button-ups (I know, right?).
  • Loves hunting more than anything.
  • He calls me "Sunshine" because "yer always smilin' errytime I get up 'round these parts no matter what kinda days go'n on." (When in all actuality, its because he can't remember my name- Dallas has confirmed.)

Today when Charlie comes up for our usual afternoon chat session, he had a picture. A picture that he printed off of facebook. A picture that he printed off of facebook of his twelve-year-old granddaughter, who shot her first buck. I am dead serious. TWELVE YEARS OLD. No joke. I was exceedingly amazed. He then told me about how he persuaded her to give him the meat after she mounts it. Yes, he promised that he was going to bring in some deer jerky for me. Apparently, he makes the best deer jerky this side of the Mississippi.

So. There you go.

P.S. Sophie- can we talk about how easy it is for me to call you by your internet pseudonym??? I count three times so far. What the weird?

3 comments:

  1. love.

    word verification: tossing. Tossing in love for you.

    Sounds sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know Charlie, but I still thouroughly enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete