Thursday, October 22, 2009

GO AWAY.

Last night, I had a dream. It was one of those real confusing dreams where you can't tell if its reality or not.

I was walking from my basement room upstairs to the kitchen to get some peanut butter, naturally. When I got to the top of the stairs I saw Xerxes, our resident Husky. For some reason, I wasn't sure it was Xerxes all of the sudden and got really freaked out. It was pretty dark up there.

I ran downstairs and jumped in my bed. I pulled my quilt over my head and was totally covered except for my hand, which was hanging over the edge of the bed.

Of course, the dog ran after me and came right up to my bed and starting sniffing around slash breathing heavily slash panting. The mystery dog started to lick my hand and I was terrified to even move. I didn't want him to know I was alive, because obviously if he knew I was alive, he'd attack.

I started to realize what an irrational idea this was, so in my most commanding, master voice I yell at the dog, "GO AWAY!"

And I woke myself up. Yeah. I literally yelled that outloud. Loud enough that I woke myself up out of that weird dream sleep.

So there you go.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

    everytime i think about this i cannot help but laugh outloud. also remember how you through something at me right after to get my attention so you could tell me. also remember how i totally heard you through my earphones. too good.

    whenever i'm sad and you're gone i'll just think of you doing "ultimate punch" and commanding "go away". it'll get me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. crap. and by "through" i mean threw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont' know if you know this, but im pretty much a "dream decipherer" a la Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat:

    Dog: Mississippi
    Bed: Provo

    Therefore, Provo = a safe place for your protection!

    Haha. Ill miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just laughed my pants off. Right off.

    ReplyDelete